Wednesday, September 29

DIY and our New Sofa!

Hello Again. Here is another night of blogging for me! Crazy huh? Now this is a post to update you on other things that I am so excited about!
have discovered.. Mod Podge. If you have never heard of this amazing product then let me just tell you... its like magic. Its amazing. You can make remarkable things out of Mod Podge. What have I made you ask? Nothing. Not one thing. Because I couldn't find it anywhere in town and finally drove out of town to the only place I knew would have it. Michael's. Now, even though I haven't done any sort of amazing things with this miracle making glue I have seen soooo many DIY projects on other blogs that come out so cool. If I knew how to add a link that would take you to one of these blogs so you can see these Do It Yourselfers.. I would. But I don't know how to do that. So Sorry! When I figure out more of this blogging stuff I will show you :) So I give you a picture of the Mod Podge.

And I realized tonight that I didn't show you a photo of our new couches! This is the sofa and we also have the matching loveseat. The photo shows them a lot more blue than they are green. We thought they were blue, but they are actually more of a blue/green which we didn't notice until they arrived. But we love them still. It makes me want to change everything in our house! We have a lot of black furniture and i really want more white and cream colors with these pieces. AC really wants a piece of furniture with alligator skin. We are big fans of Color Splash: Miami and David Bromstad always has an alligator skin piece. When I find a good one I will definitely have to snatch it and bring it home with me.

Oh and I'm sorry about my blog layouts. I am so frustrated because I can never get my posts to look the way I want them to, and the photo loading is so difficult. So my last post didn't make any sense as far as the "captions" for each photo. I promise it made sense as I was typing them, but after I publised they made NO sense. And now I am trying to figure out how to change my layouts and play around with the templates and that just made things worse. But whatevers. Its cool. At least I get the message out.
Aside from making my own cloth diaper (which I have yet to start, but am going to tonight) I have many other projects/things I have to start doing:
  1. I'm sewing pillow case covers out of old curtains. Well they are actually new curtains that I bought and we decided not to use. They looked funny hanging on the wall, but will be perfect on the new couches.
  2. Making my cloth diapers of course...
  3. Spray painting a plastic side table from Wal Mart and Mod Podging it into something fantastic. For those of you who don't know what Mod Podge is let me just tell you... its like magic. You can do amazing things with Mod Podge.
  4. Mod Podge and food coloring some old jars, spray painting and fabric covering some old wall art.

Okay so now I am going to start my cloth diapers. I bought some water prrof "dry baby" material for my cloth diaper and found that it was 9.99 a yard. OMG. So I then found some Gerber waterproof diaper covers, 4 for $1.50 at Wal Mart and bought them a few sizes too big. I am going to try to cut them and sew those into the cloth diaper. We will see if it works, and if not... at least it was less than two bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment